Stewed Beef Brisket @ Bishan



I saw this stall at the 2nd floor above Bishan Bus Interchange which sells a variety of food. There are certificates and posters pasted on the shop front so I thought, "I must try!"

It's best to offer was actually curry chicken which I knew because the poster all over were saying "Best curry chicken, Must try!" Something like this.

However It was late morning and I didn't felt like eating curry so I decided to order another of their specialty which was Stewed Beef Brisket with rice at $4. I could not pronounce its Mandarin characters (牛腩) well when I was ordering. Made a fool out of myself. I also did not know what 'brisket' means. Now I found out that it is the meat cut from the breast or lower chest of the cow.

Stewed Beef Brisket (3)

When I saw it was just a small bowl of soup I was thinking, "Sure got scammed!"

Not when I ate it that I found it to be very filling.

The soup has several pieces of beef, carrots and this white thing (you can see in the photo) which tastes like wintermelon.

Although I did not quite liked the taste, it was pretty unique. A little of sweet and a little of sour.

Stewed Beef Brisket (2)

The meat is pretty tough (some I could not even chew it totally and had to spit it out) but I like eating the fatty part which is on top of each of the meat.

At $4 I think it is worthed it only if you are a fan of beef brisket or you might not be able to finish the whole thing. Going to try the curry chicken someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food Lovers