R Burger @ Orchard Ion

















Finally, get the chance to try R Burger!

About R Burger:
R Burger or Revolution Burger is a Japanese concept founded on the premise that hamburgers can be made and consumed differently. The idea that hamburgers are unhealthy have been completely revolutionised with our vision of a healthier and tastier alternative.
The hamburger, which was originally founded as a western fast-food, consists of baked buns, lettuce, pickles and sauces like Ketchup and mustard. R burger buns are substituted with white and fluffy steamed buns. The white colored steamed buns are chosen for its exceptional softness over normal hamburger buns. The creamy whiteness of each bun stands out in stark contrast to the meat patties sandwiched in between. R burgers are topped with our own Japanese sauces like the R sauce, the Ume or Ankake. Japanese Shiso leaves are used to replace lettuces instead to give its unique flavour.

Another distinctive feature of R Burger is its use of marine collagen as part of its ingredients. While not at all uncommon in Japan, R Burger remains the first hamburger café to put collagen in their buns. This helps to stimulate collagen production in our body and reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles and fine lines, encouraging skin renewal.
Ordered a R Burger Combo which costs $8.80 which includes a burger, salad stick, potato wedges and a beverage.
R Burger 3
The burger resembles Kong Ba Bao (stewed pork belly wrapped in a bun) that my grandmother makes. Nothing much to comment on the meat as I can’t really feel the texture of it when I bite into the burger. I can only feel the bun and the crunch of the pickled daikon. I think it’s the first time I tried pickled daikon and it’s really very tasty. I can say it is what makes this burger special other than the steamed bun. The green coloured vegetable is actually Shiso leaves and it really looked inedible, like some plastic leaf decoration. It is used to replace lettuce in ordinary burgers and I did not actually feel it when I was munching into  the burger.
R Burger Salad Stick
I like the salad stick a lot. When I opened the container with the salad stick, the fresh fragrance of vegetables went into my nose. It's so unique to me as I never had a salad stick before. It is a salad so easy to eat. Just dip it in the salad dressing, take a bite, dip it in the dressing again and take another. In a blink of an eye, my salad stick was gone and into my stomach. The salad dressing was packed into a tiny container and it tasted so nice to me that I had to finish all of it by scooping the remaining bits of vegetables left in the dressing with the straw that I used to drink my Black Tea.

I did not like the Black Tea at all. Cold black tea tastes so weird. Actually it almost doesn’t have taste for something that looks so yellow. I prefer drinking hot tea. I think cold tea is only good when lots of sugar is added.
The wedges were fine. Has slightly more potato than flour compared to other potato wedges I have tried and does not feel as oily as others. I also saw the person who prepared the wedges try to squeeze in 2-3 more of it for me. How nice...

Overall I had quite a nice and refreshing dining experience. I probably wouldn’t eat R Burger anytime soon because there are so many other food stalls in Ion Orchard that I have already aimed and must try. However, I still recommend that everyone try it when you go to Ion Orchard. The stall is located at Ion Food Hall which has many other food vendors selling their own specialty food.
ION ORCHARD
2 Orchard Turn, B4-56/57
Singapore 238801

2 comments:

  1. The salad looks like those Vietnamese roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea and it's really special and delicious... if only they sold these in packets...

    ReplyDelete

Food Lovers